AUGUSTA COMPREHENSIVE PLAN COMMITTEE
First Meeting – Organizational
Monday, December 10, 2018 at 6pm
Council Chambers at City Center
In Attendance: Kim Silsby, Karen Foster, Bill McKenna, Melanie Baillargeon, Katie Smith, Kevin Lind, Jon Silverman, Duane Scott, Suzanne Rodrigue, Justin Frank, Heather Pouliot, Matt Nazar, Bill Bridgeo, Lori Larochelle.
Called to order at 6:03pm.
Importance of a comp plan by Bill Bridgeo, City Manager:
- Council has appropriated money for the comp plan committee to do its work.
Scope of work by Matt Nazar, Director of Development Services:
- Trends – where are we heading as a community – how do we want to move forward.
- What does the community want to be in 10-20 years.
2007 Comp Plan review by Matt Nazar:
- Homework for the committee to review the plan and mark-up the document.
Organizational guidelines and committee process by Darek Grant:
- Committee unanimously nominated Heather Pouliot to serve as co-chair of the comp plan committee.
Proposed timeline and meeting dates:
- Committee will try to meet at least two times a month.
- Process should last 6-9 months.
- May have subcommittee meetings on specific subjects.
Other committee matters:
- Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6pm at Cony High School.
Leave a Reply