AUGUSTA COMPREHENSIVE PLAN COMMITTEE
Third Meeting – Augusta as an age-friendly community
Monday, February 4, 2019 at 6pm
Fort Western Learning Gallery at City Center
The Augusta Comprehensive Plan Committee will meet at Augusta City Center. Members of the public are welcome to share their ideas regarding the future of the any aspect of the city as it relates to being an age-friendly community.
Age-friendly or livable communities have walkable streets, housing and transportation options, access to key services and opportunities for residents to participate in community activities. The program, coordinated through the AARP, encourages states, cities, towns and counties to prepare for the rapid aging of the U.S. population by paying increased attention to the environmental, economic and social factors that influence the health and well-being of older adults. By doing so, these communities are better equipped to become great places, and even lifelong homes, for people of all ages.
- Welcome remarks and committee introductions
- Overview of the 2007 comprehensive plan as it relates to age-friendly matters
- Presentation by the Augusta Age-Friendly Committee
- Committee discussion on Augusta as an age-friendly community, its senior residents and other related items
- Public opportunity to identify concerns/suggestions that they want addressed within the comprehensive plan
- Other committee matters
- Next meeting
Leave a Reply